Friday, June 17, 2011

A Blog Is Born

"You need to do something with writing. You're afraid you can't make career of it, don't be."


Those are the words I was told when I visited with Nan O'Brien recently. Nan is a Medium/Intuitive Counselor who is very well known, and in my opinion, pretty darn accurate in most cases. She is a "local celebrity" if there is any such thing among the small towns of Vermont. Her knowledge and spiritual connections are entertained by many people, including myself. I do believe in Nan's "gift" and although I don't think her words changed my life forever, I don't want to upset the spirits, so here I go. A blog is born.


I wanted to ask Nan so much about all the aspects of my life that day. My one big question to Nan was- "I feel like I take on so much, I constantly struggle to find a balance, yet I take on more, will I ever feel fulfilled with what I have going on in my life?" Well, her answer, unfortunately was no. I won't, and if I do less, I won't be happy. She told me I need to be busy, and that high stress makes me function better. Interesting. Bitch. I wish I had asked something like "How's Grampy?" Nah...I know he's fine, he's up there laughing at us for all the times he'd shit himself in the car, or the time he hollered out "oh, bitch" when the woman sitting next to him in the pugh at church accidentally put the knee rester down on his foot. I do hope his hearing has improved since he left us. Once, he called us saying an airplane had landed in his small Shelburne backyard. Dad rushed over there only to find a kind neighbor mowing Grampy's lawn. Just a tractor Gramps. He's up there with Nanny and his buddies from the air force, I'm sure he's doing just fine. There's your blog shout out Harry Dick (yes, I swear that was his real name). 


So...about me and this busy life I lead. My name is Caitlin, I wish it were something cool, but Caitlin is fine for me and 17 other girls I knew growing up. Thanks Mom. I'm not a typical 27 year old woman (I really wanted to say girl there), or maybe I am, I'm not sure. I was born and raised in Vermont and although I spent a couple years living in the South doing the sorority thing, I guess I just like VT, I'm comfortable here. I am married to this cool cat named Josh. He's fun, hardworking, and he loves me. A lot.  I am a Mom to 2 awesome little boys. Sawyer will be 4 in November, and Shamus will be 2 in August. I always wanted to have kids young, but I pictured myself having girls and dressing them up in pink to go shopping for the day. Yeah right. That didn't happen, but I love my boys so much and I wouldn't change it for a thing. Yes, I am just saying that. Just Kidding. There great, really busy, but super fun....and they save me money. I can't buy pink and I really can't go shopping. Ever. I barely make it through the grocery store with them, and I usually have to hand Shamus to the cashier during check out and have her weigh him instead of the fruit I was going to buy. I swear he could eat his way out of a house, and every time we go to the store he is "hungry". He must take after Josh. Ha.


I teach Kindergarten in one of those really small towns in Vermont. I LOVE my job. It's perfect for me....I love the kids, I love to laugh, and I love the hot Dad's that make endless trips to my room each morning. Just kidding.....kind of. No one ever told me about that in college...I must of missed "How to politely tell parents they can leave 1o1- trust me your child is fine...they're with me :) I guess I wouldn't leave either, now that it's in perspective.


I don't really have any hobbies, I just keep myself busy. I like to say I'll try anything. For example, I just started running- I just did my first 5k this spring, I don't know if I could consider running a hobby, yet. I think hobbies are supposed to be things you like...I have to tell myself "you're not dying, you're not in pain" with every step I take when I run ( thanks, Abbie).  I do love to be social, I love to meet new people, and I love to spend time with my friends and family.


Maybe blogging will be my new hobby...



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to bloggy world old friend. I feel like this will be a chance to reconnect :) I'm excited for sure. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant we can reconnect via your blog and my blog. When I went back and read my comment it seemed unclear. I've added you to my reading list! My blog is www.herhorseranaway.blogspot.com. I love the background on your sight Cait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already loving your blog, Caitlin! You've inspired me to start mine back up. Can't wait to keep up with your life on here...things have gotten so crazy I feel like we barely see each other more than a few times a year! I hope that changes this summer :) I feel the need for a big BBQ!

    ReplyDelete